I have been fairly abysmal in updating my blog over the last year, but truth be told I have been too busy enjoying life. Not a bad excuse really, now is it?!
I sat down last night, having just sold my beautiful car, and thought about the future, and what lay ahead. You see, I have recently quit my job, sold my car, booked flights to Bali and Malaysia and accepted a job in South Korea starting in July.
I wasn’t happy about where I was and the direction my life was going, so I decided to change it. I dreamed about travelling more, about teaching, about working with children again…I wished I could leave the office job behind and head off on another adventure. Then I did it. I actually did it.
Some may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one….
All of these big decisions and dreams for the future got me thinking about the year gone by and I realized that the last 10 months have been the busiest in my life thus far. Simply jam packed with work, with study, with travel and with spending quality time with friends and loved ones, 10 months seem to have flown by in the blink of an eye.
Working full time while writing a masters thesis, and keeping up my reputation (and love) of being a party girl while continuing to work towards my goal of visiting 50 countries before I’m 30 made for ONE BUSY YEAR!!
So, what kept me so busy you ask??
Well here is a recap, in numbers, of 10 months in the life of Janet -
Jobs : 2
- Manager of Language in Group Summer School
- PR and Media Coordinator for The Hope Foundation
Continents traveled : 3, Countries visited: 5
- Europe (Ireland, England, Netherlands and the Canary Islands -Spain)
- Asia (India)
- Africa (Kenya)
Road Trips within Ireland: 6
- Two great trips to Baltimore, West Cork
- Girly weekend in Galway
- Adventure weekend in Kerry
- Adventure weekend in Meath
- Two weekends of partying in Dublin
Masters Thesis Completed : 1
- Title: The impact that water and sanitation hygiene projects in schools can have on the comprehensive security of a community. A case study of the Turkana region of Northern Kenya.
Masters Degrees completed: 1
- Master of Science in Humanitarian Action. (Sadly I will miss my graduation, but I have been awarded a 2.1)
Amazing Friends made : Countless!!
Thank you to everyone who made the last year so special.
You will always be apart of my life.
Feel free to come visit me, wherever it is that I end up, and don’t be afraid to LIVE YOUR DREAMS. Xx